Monday, February 13

creative writing: I don't feel like dancing tonight


Today is my Birthday. Is it October 19th. For many of you Birthdays are the days when you have a good enough reason to go out and celebrate. For me it's no different than any other day. It only reminds me how little friends I've got. None, to be precise.

I suppose my disadvantage is that I'm not pretty. I am not ugly, don't get me wrong, but I'm no ideal of beauty. I'd be lying if I said I didn't mind. Of course I'd love to be good looking and have people stand in line to be friends with me. Everybody wants to be friends with pretty people and I am the same so I guess I can't objurgate. 

I light up a candle on the cake I got earlier today.  I lied to the man in the bakery and said it's for a friend's surprise party. I always lie to strangers. 
I think of a mature wish to make. 

Birthdays are my least favourite days of the year. It didn't always use to be like this but I can't exactly remember when it changed. It's all a little blurry.

I close my eyes and blow the candle. Dad has already called me today to wish me Happy Birthday so the apartment is completely quiet. I grab the sound system remote and put it back down immediately. The silence is somehow comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment